Politics

Kogi APC Chair: Ghost voters initiated Dino Melaye’s recall

PRESS STATEMENT BY KOGI STATE CHAIRMAN OF THE APC- ALHAJI HADDY A. AMETUO, IN LOKOJA ON SUNDAY THE 29TH OF APRIL, 2018.

On Saturday the 28th of April, 2018, the recall process initiated by some ghost voters from Kogi West to recall the only senator our party has in Kogi State came to a premature end.

Senator Dino Melaye won with 94.66 % leaving the remaining 5.34% to the petitioners.

The messages are very clear:
1.That Senator Dino Melaye is the most popular senator ever produced by Kogi West. Dino is smarter than Smart.

2.That this is a sign of what to expect in the 2019 general elections.
3.That no amount of financial inducement and coercion will change the will of the people of Kogi State in the future elections.
4.That the high level of neutrality and transparency displayed by INEC throughout the exercise gives us the high optimism that future elections will be very free and fair. INEC, therefore, deserves commendations for the job well done.

As the state chairman of the ruling party in the state, I am calling on both parties: the petitioners and the petitioned, to embrace peace and heed to the voice of God because the voice of the people is the voice of God.

APC is still the most viable alternative for good governance. I am, therefore, urging all the good members of our great party, APC, to conduct themselves in manners that will boost the image of our great party and not things that will further cause disrepute to our party.

We need to come together to work towards delivering kogi state for the party as we did in the last elections.

I want to sincerely commend the people of kogi west for this noble feat of daring.

Thank you all.

Signed:
ALH HADDY A. AMETUO
State chairman
Kogi State APC

Tags

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Close
Inline
Would be nice if you like us!
Inline
Would be nice if you like us!