Health

Coronavirus: Nigeria Govt Shut Down Lafarge Cement

The Federal government has ordered the shut down and quarantine the two premises where the Italian contract worker reported to have been infected with the dreaded coronavirus has visited since arriving in the country.

Nigerian Federal Ministry of Health has confirmed  first case of Coronavirus after an Italian national tested positive to the virus. The case was confirmed on Thursday.
“The case is an Italian citizen who entered Nigeria on the 25th of February from Milan, Italy for a brief business visit. He fell ill on the 26th February and was transfered to Lagos State Biosecurity Facilities for isolation and testing,” the Lagos State Ministry of Health also said in a statement.
“#COVID2019 infection was confirmed by the Virology Laboratory of the Lagos University Teaching Hospital @LUTHofficial, part of the Laboratory Network of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control @NCDCgov.
“The patient is clinically stable, with no serious symptoms, and is being managed at the Infectious Disease Hospital (Mainland Hospital) in Yaba, Lagos.”
According to reports, it is the third case of Coronavirus in Africa after Egypt and Algeria had earlier recorded cases of the virus, with the latter also being an Italian who arrived Algiers on February 17.

Dr Tomi Coker, the Ogun State health commissioner, said a team of epidemiologists have commenced line listing to detect all contacts the victim made during his stay in the state.

In Lagos State, the deputy governor, Obafemi Hamzat, said they are trying to trace everyone who has been in contact with the Italian gentleman, including those who were on his flight.

Tags

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *