Home Business Crime Suspected Fraudsters Disguised As Assassins To Defraud Journalist, Demand N20 million  
Crime

Suspected Fraudsters Disguised As Assassins To Defraud Journalist, Demand N20 million  

Share
Share

Suspected fraudsters disguising as assassins have threatened to eliminate the Founder of Penpushing Media, Dimeji Kayode-Adedeji, with an option to spare him if he could cough out N20million as saving grace.

The gang led by a member who identified himself as Femi Poly, at about 7.30am put a phone call across to the journalist that they had been assigned to eliminate him, but had a rethink on carrying out the operation.

‘We have your photograph, we are assigned by somebody close to you to kill you, but we observed that you are an elderly man, and decided not to carry out the assignment, but to reach out to you if you can offer us N20million’, the suspects said.

The gang operating with mobile phone numbers +2349036869898, +2348080858130 when asked who was their sponsor and what was the reason given to them to warrant the assignment to finish the journalist, said he would be provided the information after paying them the N20million demanded.

‘The person is your close associate, who told us he had issues with you, but can you keep it to yourself if we reveal the identity, which we shall do that after payment of the N20 million’, the suspects said.

When the journalist told them he has no such amount, the gang said they would reduce the amount to N500, 000, and after telling them he could also not afford such an amount, the suspects further reduced it to N150, 000.

The journalist again told them that he could not also raise the N150,000 immediately, and that he had N10,000 as at the time of the conversation, the gang said he should send the N10, 000, as part-payment, and immediately they provided an access bank account with number 0002884692 with the name *Aminu Adamu*.

Meanwhile, the journalist, however, said he has informed the police of the development adding that as at the time of filing this report police authorities have commenced investigation into the matter.

Share
Related Articles

EFCC Apologizes to NMA, UUTH Professor Over May 12 Incident; Launches Full Investigation

BY SUNDAY SAMUEL—The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has officially issued...

How Internal Probe Exposed Alleged Abduction and Extortion Network Within Police Ranks

BY NKECHI NAECHE-RSEZOBOR—The Nigeria Police Force has removed five officers from service...

How Two Security Guards Were Convicted for Long-Term Child Abuse in Abuja

BY SUNDAY SAMUEL—Two security personnel, James Sule (30) and Adamu Yau (25),...

Mob Action in Ibadan: Police Rescue Suspected Victim from Lynching

BY SINDAY SAMUEL—The Oyo State Police Command has confirmed an unfortunate incident...